Ownclasses

What is true about RBCs in humans?

  • They carry about 20-25 percent of CO2

  • They transport 99.5 percent of O2

  • They transport about 80 percent oxygen only and the rest 20 percent of it is transported in dissolved state in blood plasma

  • They do not carry CO2 at all

Answer

A.

They carry about 20-25 percent of CO2

Nearly 20 -25 percent of CO2 is transported by RBCs. It is caused by haemoglobin as carbamino haemoglobin. 70 percent of CO2 is carried as bicarbonates. 
About 97 percent of O2 is transported by RBCs in the blood. The remaining 3 percent of O2 carried in dissolved state through the plasma. 

Nearly 20 -25 percent of CO2 is transported by RBCs. It is caused by haemoglobin as carbamino haemoglobin. 70 percent of CO2 is carried as bicarbonates. 
About 97 percent of O2 is transported by RBCs in the blood. The remaining 3 percent of O2 carried in dissolved state through the plasma.