Characteristics of Prokaryotic cell are as follows:
1. The nucleus is not bounded by a membrane.
2. Their genetic material is naked and present in the form of nucleoid in the cytoplasm.
3. They are generally smaller and divide more rapidly as compared to the eukaryotic cell.
4. They are usually surrounded by cell wall except for mycoplasma.
5. Besides genomic DNA many prokaryotic cell have small circular DNA called plasmids outside the genomic DNA.
6. Eukaryotic organelles or membrane bound organelles are not found in the prokaryotic cells. The ribosomes found in these are of 70S type.
7. Mesosomes which are the invaginations of plasma membrane may be present.
8. They have special inclusion bodies.