Ingredients to cook Butter Chicken in Microwave
- 1 medium-sized chicken (800 gm) – cut into 12 pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1-1/4 tsp salt, or taste
How to Marinade
- 3/4 cup curd – hang for 30 minutes in a muslin cloth
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- 2 tbsp thick malai or 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves) few drops of orange-red colour
- 1/2 tsp black salt, 1 tsp garam masala
Prepare Paste for butter chicken
- 2 piece of ginger
- 10 flakes of garlic
- 2 cups readymade tomato puree
- 4 tbsp kaju (cashew nuts)
- 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar or as per paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk, 2tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp butter, 2-3 tbsp oil
Methods to cook butter chicken in Microwave oven
- Wash, pat dry chicken. Prick all the pieces with a fork on all sides.
- Rub lemon juice, salt and chilli powder on the chicken and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade well. Add chicken and mix well. Keep aside for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
- Set your microwave oven at 180 degree Celcius, using the oven (Convection) mode and press start to preheat.
- Grease the wire rack. Put chicken pieces on the greased rack and place it in a hot oven.
- Set the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cook the pieces for 20 minutes or till cooked. Remove from oven. Keep tandoori chicken aside.
- Grind all the ingredients of paste to a smooth paste in a mixer.
- For gravy, put butter, oil and the prepared paste in a micro proof bowl. Mix it well and microwave for 8 minutes.
- Add about 1-1/2 cup of water, mix and microwave for 6 minutes. Stir once in between.
- Add tandoori chicken. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove it from oven and let it cool down till serving time.
- Add milk and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and garam masala. Mix and serve hot.