Every bodybuilder has heard this consumed quote once in his lifetime by Arnold Schwarzenegger,
“Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.”
No pain, no gain.
Along with the dedication towards your body, you can also give an edge to your workout with a supplement.
Are you in your mid twenties? Are you worried about your health?
Did you know that NO (Nitric oxide) can make your life healthier? Yes, you heard it right! A nitric oxide molecule (NO) is an important component present in our body.
Why do we need it?
- Because it is a good neurotransmitter. It is essential to build a strong immune system.
- Improves your sleep.
- It regulates the release of hormones and increases the speed of growth of the muscles.
- It regulates the blood pressure. That means, it relaxes the smooth muscles, increasing the blood flow and decreasing the blood pressure. This process is called vasodilation.
- So, if you have an ideal amount of NO intake, be sure of NO heart diseases.
- It increases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients so you are able to exercise more. This feature is very important for bodybuilders as after taking the supplements rich in nitric oxide, their capacity to exercise increases.
Where can I get it?
You “cannot” find nitric oxide in food. Besides, intake of some substances produces nitric oxide in our body, like dark chocolates, citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, lemons, etc., walnuts, pomegranates, watermelons, spinach, garlic, meat and seafood.
And oh yes, don’t forget the sun. Bask in the sunshine to boost nitric oxide. And the best part is, it’s free!
You can also go for a nitric oxide supplement.
Nitric oxide for workout
Do you ever feel like exhausted and no energy left? A pre-workout supplement based on nitric oxide can help you a lot in increasing your endurance, strength and burning out the excess of your body fat.
Many a times when people refer to nitric oxide supplements, they refer to pre-workout supplements.
What is a nitric oxide supplement?
Any supplement which contains a hardy dose of arginine, citrulline or agmatine which affects the production of nitric oxide in the body are nitric oxide supplements. They are commonly used for pre-workout sessions.
Nitric oxide supplement’s uses
Anyone who lifts weights or is in bodybuilding will always be found discussing on the topic “importance of nitric oxide supplements.” Why do they care so much or are interested in nitric oxide supplements?
These are the important uses of nitric oxide supplements:
- Keep your heart strong. A strong heart will lead to a happy life.
- Help to expand blood vessels.
- Enhance blood flow, keeping your blood vessels healthy.
- Ensure that very organ receives a normal amount of blood and therefore the additional nutrients and oxygen which reduces the chances of inflammation.
- Help in a muscle pump. Who doesn’t like the feeling of the thicker, fuller muscles stuffed with blood?
- Used prior to the workout to boost efficiency of work.
Should one be taken?
Now, after discussing its uses let’s quickly understand if it’s really worth?
So the intake of nitric oxide supplement in a pre-workout stage is just one side of the coin. You also need a good and healthy diet to double its efficiency.
They make you work longer and harder.
If you are crazy about the muscle pump, then be sure with a properly formulated supplement.
Tip: If you have any heart problems, consult a doctor before taking supplements to boost nitric oxide.
What are their side effects?
These supplements have a very crucial role in the lives of an athlete and gymnastics since 1996.
It is very interesting to know that nitric oxide supplements don’t contain the gas NO which is produced by the body naturally. Instead, they provide certain ingredients like arginine, caffeine, etc. which stimulates the production of nitric oxide in the body.
So, are they harmful to your body?
These supplements can give you amazing results if the right ingredients are used in proper proportions.
Arginine, one of the ingredients is found to be completely safe. It might be dangerous if you consume it in higher quantities.
Citrulline is superior to arginine because it helps reduce muscle fatigue and recovery time.
However, if you find these side effects, immediately consult a health physician.
- Stomach aches
Some more include:
- The increase in an urge to urinate
As stated above, a higher quantity of an arginine can make you urinate more frequently.
Therefore, there should be an intake of 5000mg in a day.
- Varying blood pressure
As you know, these supplements dilate the blood vessels, that means, they increase the size of the diameter, therefore you can commonly observe change in blood pressure.
Low blood pressure can lead to chest pain, loss of energy, loss of breath, etc.
- Gastrointestinal de-stress
You can get nausea and stomach cramps due to digestive problems.
- Zinc deficiency
You can find histidine in some supplements. When it combines with beta-analine a compound is formed, carnosine. However, high level of histidine and carnosine can lead to zinc deficiencies.
Therefore, it is advisable to consume dietary zinc in proper quantity, that is, 8mg for women and15mg for men.
Never try to apply home remedies or self-treat if you observe above symptoms.
Speak to your physician for the proper treatment.
Is it safe for women to consume?
Yes, it is absolutely safe for women to consume. NO is equally effective for women as to men.
It relaxes the blood vessels, lowers your blood pressure and improves blood flow to the heart. Nitric Oxide is as true in case of women as compared to men.
But it is advisable to have one to eight grams for women since the dosage for pregnant women is not yet known.
Selecting the best from the rest.
There are many popular and preferred nitric oxide supplements. The top four are,
- Cellular NO3 Chrome
- BSN Nitrix 2.0
- Cellucor, C4 Original Explosive
- Pro Supps NO3 DRIVE
Differentiating on the basis of,
Cellular NO3 contains an effective combination of arginine and citrulline. Therefore, the hard time an arginine takes to enter your blood – stream when taken orally is reduced.
BSN Nitrix 2.0 is the best option available for bodybuilders. It contains citrulline for boosting nitric oxide. With no arginine going into your system, this product is a champion of all.
Cellucor, C4 Original Explosive is also an excellent choice to make. It contains citrulline, beta-analine,thyrosine, caffeine and much more in different proportions.
Pro Supps NO3 DRIVE contains agmatine and citrulline which leads to good absorption of nutrients and transfer of oxygen to the blood. It also improves the vasodilation in the body.
The estimated prices of :
- Cellular NO3
- BSN Nitrix 2.0
- Pro Supps NO3 DRIVE
When you compare prices, you can observe that
- Cellular NO3 and Pro Supps are comparatively cheaper. But, don’t fall prey to it. You can get awesome benefits for a little more additional price.
- BSN Nitrix 2.0 and Cellucor, C4 Original Explosive have comparable prices. They deliver good, productive results and are effective in real life execution.
Juxtaposing on the basis of ingredients and price, it is quite easy to eliminate Cellular NO3 and Pro Suppss. Though they are good in themselves, they stand below the next two supplements.
Consequently, we are now left with only two options to choose the best from, BSN Nitrix 2.0 and Cellucor, C4 Original Explosive
Cellucor, C4 Original Explosive contains all the essential ingredients like betanine, beta-analine, BCAA’s, caffeine, taurine, theanine, and much more. It helps you in giving your workout a new dimension. But, it is primarily designed for those who work in “bulk” cycle.
But, the former one is useful for everyone, from newbies to professionals. They promise to improve your performance and boost your energy.
We propose it for you.
It is an all-in-one package. The price is worth satisfaction and you will not regret about it in the future.
It is a product of a topmost and reliable brand, BSN. Therefore, be sure with it! It gives you satisfactory results with added benefits.
- Nitric oxide is a molecular compound with
a chemicalformula NO.
- Its importance is huge though it has a short shelf-life of a few seconds in blood. It is a vasodilator.
- These features of nitric oxide are applied to produce a pre-workout supplement.
- A nitric oxide-based pre-workout supplement helps a muscle maker in increasing the efficiency of increased energy and more dedicated time.
- An effective dosage of six to eight grams can give you good results.
- If you observe symptoms like stomach cramps, headache, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, consult with your physician as soon as possible.
- The BSN Nitrix 2.0 is put forward to you by everyone who experienced its magic. It’s a freaking affordable item! Try it out!